IoT is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
Benefits of IoT
The internet of things offers a number of benefits to organizations, enabling them to:
- monitor their overall business processes;
- improve the customer experience;
- save time and money;
- enhance employee productivity;
- integrate and adapt business models;
- make better business decisions; and
- generate more revenue.
IoT encourages companies to rethink the ways they approach their businesses, industries and markets and gives them the tools to improve their business strategies