IoT or the internet of things is the technology that enables the exchange of data through a wired or wireless network of devices, appliances, vehicles, etc. that are embedded with sensors, electronics, software, connectivity, and actuators. This technology is loaded with endless possibilities and the impact of IoT is felt most in the business world, changing the methods of business operations & enabling them to connect and exchange data
From small to large businesses, IoT delivers constant features in better decision-making and this platform is transforming industries like energy, automotive, healthcare, manufacturing, and transportation as well as countless appliances like door well cam, security system, air tracking, electricity plug, thermostat, oven, etc.
So, how can IoT transform your business? This blog highlights a few notable ways that business productivity is improving with IoT:
1) Data Sharing & Perception: IoT has completely revolutionized how data is processed in businesses. The technology seems smarter and offers a better user experience complementing the companies growth. You can use these data to study user requirements, the scope for enhancement & inventions, buyer cycle, and approaches for future marketing & advertising.
2) Improving customer experience: The advantage of implementing IoT for business capabilities not only creates new opportunities but also improves the user experience. The seamless connectivity gives users the freedom to access, monitor, and control their devices remotely.
3) Efficient operation management: Another significant benefit offered by the IoT is automated control over multiple business operation management areas, including, inventory management, shipping tracking, spare parts management, detect off-hours consumption, optimize manufacturing production schedules, identify anomalies, reduce waste and thus increase profits. IoT devices greatly facilitate management within individual departments and also across the whole enterprise structure.
4) Remote mobile device management (MDM): Another great productivity boost is through mobile device management. Having remote access to computers and mobile devices at the company have a greater chance of establishing stronger collaboration practices among employees by having their devices automatically communicate with each other.
5) Real-time Analytics: One of the best advantages of IoT is real-time analytics which helps in analyzing the customer behavior and patterns, which in turn is crucial for marketing, building brand loyalty, and sustaining the target audience.
6) Business and workplace safety: The highly secure IoT solutions have become a crucial step towards the revolution of most businesses. IoT devices can facilitate employers to make sure workforce safety and security. By use of embedded sensors and wearables, employees in high-risk sectors like mining, heavy industries, real estate, or construction, can be constantly tracked and alerted against emergencies. From video surveillance cameras to smart locks, IoT can be used in organizations to take care of significant assets.
7) Cost-effectiveness: IoT applications and solutions come with features to cut down unnecessary costs rather than focusing on the product. IoT can back businesses to act smarter with instant operational insights, foreseeing future failures or probable errors. Hence, the costs for rectifying misalignments or failures are greatly reduced using IoT.
8) Helps in marketing and business development: Smart devices especially voice assistants and other appliances that can directly communicate with end-users, provide invaluable source information for business analysis. This helps enterprises to gather large volumes of user-specific data employed for developing business strategies, fine-tuning price policy, targeted advertising, and other marketing and management activities.
9) Improving collaboration: IoT devices increase the possibilities for remote working. Harnessing connected devices means that employees are no longer required to be in the same physical space to communicate or collaborate. Cloud-hosted software and portable devices allow you to manage work from anywhere over shared networks.
10) Increase efficiency: Most of the companies now are leveraging a large number of technologies into their workspaces equipped with IoT devices, making an effort towards the smart office. Utilizing some connected devices in businesses can offer a wide range of benefits, from streamlining routine tasks to increased security, improving workspace comfort, etc. all contribute to creating a more efficient and productive workforce.
From improved workforce wellbeing and efficiency to smarter use of materials and enhanced user experiences, IoT solutions offer incremental benefits to any business organization. The possibilities of IoT improving business efficiency seem to be endless, and new solutions and success stories are emerging fast. The future of the IoT looks bright. This new technology is expected to bring about a host of new products, new businesses, and even new ways of thinking about connecting devices.
Want to unleash the true power of IoT in your business productivity? Sterison provides high-end possibilities and transforms solutions & services with innovative IoT technology using, connected products, wearable devices across industries & domains including healthcare, smart energy devices, automotive, smart appliances for homes & offices, transportation & logistics, and smart consumer devices.